4 kinds of Collections
Use Collections to Rate your photos and to work with your KEEPER PHOTOS.
1. The Quick Collection
- A selection is a Temporary grouping of photos in various Library folders.
- You can add a selection to a Quick Collection by pressing the B key (Unless the B key has already been assigned to a Targeted Collection
- Or use, Menu: Photo > Add to Quick Collection
- LR remembers Quick Collections until cleared
- A Quick Collection is indicated by a filled circle in the top-right corner of the image in the grid or filmstrip
- There can only be one Quick Collection.
- You can add a quick collection to a new "Normal" collection
- If There is NO targeted Collection: Keyboard Shortcut:
(Mac)Command + Alt/Option + B
(PC) Control + Alt + B
- Fill in the Dialogue Box:
- If you have a designated "Targeted" Collection, the quick collection will be added to the Targeted + Collection.
2. "Normal" Collections
- You choose what you put in the collection
- Drag & Drop
- Highlight / Select the photos, then creating a new Collection will add the photos to the collection.
- You can make a collection a Targeted Collection
Add more photos to the collection by pressing the B key
- You can sort images in a "Collection" in the Library or in the Film Strip.
3. Smart Collections
- The computer adds the photos following the Rules you chose (Let the Computer do the Work)
- You can not sort a "Smart" Collection"
4. Project Collections
More about project collections later...