The essential "work flow!" for Lightroom and Photoshop
An ideal editing environment for ALL of your images, Raw or JPG's! 90 - 95 percent of your photographic editing can be done within Lightroom.
- Manage your photos in the Library with Collections
- Optimize images in the Develop Module
- Exporting your images for email, the web, and for print
- Do Special Effects
- Layers and Masks and "Select and Mask"
- Fine tune Layer editing
eg.) non-destructive re-touching...
TYNTDBYB --Things you need to do before you begin!
- Transfer to Computer - Ingestion
- to 2 different hard drives (or a CD/DVD)
- Add Keywords
- Add Meta Data
- Verify Ingestion
Preliminary viewing and selection
- Creating a Collection"
- Rough Editing (did that shot work?)
- Quick Edits, no need to be precise, yet!
- Select images Round 1
- Put the rated images in a collection
- Use Star * Ratings, use the #1 - #5 keys
- Add additional Key words
- Add more IPTC Data
- Rate images again in a second Round of viewing...
Enhance The Keeper Photos
- Only edit photos that are in a collection and Do everything you can in Lightroom first.
- You can link "collections" to the LR Mobile app and synchronously Edit in the mobile app
Polish & Finish images In Photoshop (if Necessary)
- Soft Proof
- Mobile device sharing
- share - e-mail
- Make a Book
- Web Pages
Archive the keepers
- In the "clouds"